The Partners for Advancing Health Equity (P4HE) Resource Library is a virtual portal containing action-oriented health equity research, practice, and policies. The library aims to increase equity in health by offering free access to field-tested, evidence-informed and evidence-based programs strategies and high-quality research.
Read More about the Library Scope.
- The Partners for Health Equity (P4HE) collaborative promotes innovation in health equity by facilitating active learning and collaboration between people and organizations about critical health equity topics. In 2023, P4HE Collaborative grew from 212 to 502 members across academia (48%), civil sector (21%), government (16%), private (8%), and philanthropy (7%).As of January 1, 2024, P4HE has…January 2024
- In 2023, Partners for Advancing Health Equity (P4HE Collaborative) has collected questions asked by participants in our learning engagements. This blog answers your questions about the P4HE Collaborative.How can I learn more about the P4HE Collaborative’s work?There are many ways to learn more about the P4HE collaborative’s work and the people behind it.To learn more about the P4HE Collaborative’…January 2024
- Article headlines in the past year have grabbed readers’ attention by with claims like “loneliness is just as dangerous as smoking fifteen cigarettes per day.” While this statement isn’t entirely correct, loneliness can have a similar impact on heart heath, mental wellbeing, and a number of other health determinants. a number of other health determinants.These findings come at a time when…October 2023Policy and Practice, Social/Structural Determinants
- In our modern day and age, health care systems and their providers are required to make decisions for millions of patients at a time and only at a moment’s notice. This is not due to the supernatural decision-making capabilities of a few policymakers or doctors. Rather, this is a result of the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and its algorithmic prediction capabilities.We assume that AI…September 2023Policy and Practice
- Efforts to advance health equity are a recognition that there is significant opportunity to improve health outcomes for traditionally underserved populations. Academic research continues to offer deeper understanding of the gaps in quality, access and outcomes that suggest there is much room for improvement. Policymakers have also made recent efforts to advance health equity using levers…June 2023Interventions, Services & Programs
- Strengthening and maintaining brain health is important for people of all ages, particularly as we grow older and may experience changes in memory and thinking. Although this topic is a considerable concern for many older adults, there remains stigma around public dialogue, and accessible resources promoting brain health as we age are limited. A group of researchers, nurses, social workers, and…June 2023Illness/Disease/Injury/Wellbeing, Aging and Life Course
- The Partners for Health Equity (P4HE) collaborative promotes innovation in health equity by facilitating active learning and collaboration between people and organizations about critical health equity topics. In 2022, P4HE grew to 212 members across academia (45%), civil sector (21%), government (14%), private (13%), and philanthropy (7%).We facilitated 11 virtual engagements on advancing…February 2023
- The pandemic exposed already existing inequities in our healthcare system when it comes to race, sex, and socioeconomic status as Black, Hispanic, AIAN, and NHOPI people experienced higher rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths than White people. They were at about one and a half times greater risk of COVID-19 infection, and about twice as likely to die from the virus, than their White counterparts.…January 2023Communication
- Health care payments have a broad spectrum. Every patient has unique circumstances, and every practice has its own payment procedure. You need to ensure your family has access to the medical attention they need that is also affordable. Many practices utilize a sliding fee scale. It makes payments easier and helps coordinate your bottom line. More importantly, it keeps your family safe as you…January 2023Services & Programs
- From scientific studies to firsthand experiences, here are this year's top 5 stories that shine a light on health disparities in America, ranked in order of unique page views. 1. Understanding 'Black fatigue' – and how to overcome it Living with racism is exhausting and a health risk, but you can find ways to protect yourself and others. 2. The legacy of Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, a heart surgery…December 2022Policy and Practice, Social/Structural Determinants